Excursion Program Overview
Our forests are diverse, dynamic environments. Investigate forest ecosystems and the interactions and interrelationships between forest plants and animals.
- past, present and future use of the forest by people and native animals and plants.
- layers of the Mountain Ash and Cool Temperate Rainforest
- living and non-living features of each ecosystem
- any evidence of animals and plants living in the forest
- habitats provided by the forest
- forest food chains
- timber harvesting and its impact
Workbook provided for you to create a copy for each student.
What to bring: Bus must accompany program, clipboards & pens
Science: Biological Sciences (7,9), Earth & Space Sciences (7)
Geography: Geographical Knowledge & Understanding (7-10)