Excursion Program Overview
Discover the characteristics of forest environments and the impacts of human activities in Toolangi State Forest.
- Understand that forest ecosystems are highly integrated systems where changes in one area can flow on to affect other areas.
- Understand that human uses of forests have to be sustainable managed.
- Explore current management strategies and see how they are implemented.
- A clear felled logging coupe
- Protected Cool Temperate Rainforest
- Mountain Ash forest that has regenerated from the 1939 Black Friday bushfires.
Workbooks will be provided so you can make a copy for each student to use on the day to guide their forest investigation.
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Curriculum Connections: VCE Outdoor and Environmental Studies Unit 2