All living things are connected. Learn how plants and animals change as they grow and find out what features help them succeed in our amazing world. Enjoy hands on interactive activities which are sure to engage and inspire young learners.
This program can be tailored to suit different levels of understanding, from topic introduction through to topic consolidation.
Victorian Curriculum Links:
- Science: Science Understanding
- Living things have a variety of external features and live indifferent places where their basic needs, including food, water and shelter are met (VCSSU042)
- Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves (VCSSU043)
- Geography: Geographical Concepts & Skills
- Collect and record geographical data and information from the field and other sources (VCGGC060)
- Geography: Geographical Knowledge
- Reasons why some places are special and some places are important to people and how they can be looked after (VCGGK069)
© 2017 Copyright Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority, State Government of Victoria.
- Habitat & Survival
Class discussion and hands on activities which explore habitats and investigate what plants and animals need to survive.
- Habitat Exploration
Investigate habitats available within the school grounds, uncover and collect samples of the plants and animals present.
- Life Cycles
Students will inspect the various stages of the life cycles of plants and animals and examine their importance within the habitat.
- We’re ALL connected
Discover the relationship between flowering plants, garden invertebrates and birds through this drama based activity.
- Call to Action
Students will derive actions they can take to ensure that gardens around their local community are protected for all native wildlife.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Restrictions: Program timing considerations: Staff require 10-minutes between groups to reset activities and a 30-minute break for lunch when more than 2 groups are booked. Available to Melbourne Metro area only.
What to Provide: Multi-purpose room, floor space, white board, power