Excursion Program Overview
Forests are vital for our future. Explore the many values of our forests, how they are managed to reduce human impacts for future sustainability, and how people can be involved in protecting the environment.
- Forest values
- Future forests and climate change
- Forests as carbon sinks
- Offsetting our carbon emissions
- Current forest management practices in a protected Cool Temperate Rainforest
- A clear felled logging coupe
- Mountain Ash forest that has regenerated from the 1939 Black Friday bushfires
Workbooks will be provided so you can make a copy for each student to use on the day to guide their forest investigation.
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Science: Biological Sciences (9-10), Earth & Space Science (9-10)
Geography: Geographical Knowledge & Understanding (9-10)