Excursion Program Overview
Explore the relationships between humans and forests over time and the contemporary management of forests.
- how Aboriginal Australians traditionally lived and valued the land
- early settlers land use and values
- current values and uses of forests
- current management strategics for sustainable forest management
- a clear felled logging coupe
- protected Cool Temperate Rainforest
- Mountain Ash forest that has regenerated from the 1939 Black Friday bushfires
Workbooks will be provided so you can make a copy for each student to use on the day to guide their forest investigation.
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Curriculum Connections: VCE Outdoor & Environmental Studies Unit 3
Toolangi excursion bookings are closed for February, and from 16th July to 10th August in 2018 (resuming week 5 of Term 3).
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.