Excursion Program Overview
Forests are more than just a bunch of trees! Explore the difference between State Forests and National Parks, the way different user groups view the forest, the similarities and differences the Mountain Ash and Rainforest, the timber harvesting process and other human impacts.
- The difference between State Forests and National Parks
- The way different user groups view the forest
- The living and non-living features of the Mountain Ash and Cool Temperate Rainforest and what similarities and differences can be observed
- The timber harvesting process
- Impacts human use has on our forests
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Science: Biological Sciences (7,9), Earth & Space Sciences (7)
Geography: Geography Knowledge & Understanding (7-8)
Toolangi excursion bookings are closed for February, and from 16th July to 10th August in 2018 (resuming week 5 of Term 3).
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.