Excursion Program Overview
Explore how people value and experience forests.
- The meaning of ‘nature’ for different people
- The different values that people place on forests
- How forests are sustainable managed to accommodate different forests uses
- A clear felled logging coupe
- Protected Cool Temperate Rainforest
- Mountain Ash forest that has regenerated from the 1939 Black Friday bushfires
Workbooks will be provided so you can make a copy for each student to use on the day to guide their forest investigation.
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Curriculum connections: VCE Outdoor & Environmental Studies Unit 1