Excursion Program Overview
State forests are managed for multiple uses, including the provision of timber resources. Explore the use of forests as a source of timber for a range of uses.
- The path taken from forest to hardware supplier
- The role of forest managers and consumers in a sustainable timber industry
- A clear felled logging coupe
- Protected Cool Temperate Rainforest
- Mountain Ash forest that has regenerated from the 1939 Black Friday bushfires
Workbooks will be provided so you can make a copy for each student to use on the day to guide their forest investigation.
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Curriculum Connections: VCE Design and Tech, Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeships
Toolangi excursion bookings are closed for February, and from 16th July to 10th August in 2018 (resuming week 5 of Term 3).
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.