Bring your multi-age School Holiday Program (aka. Vacation Care or Outside School Hours Care Program) children to explore the wonders of Toolangi State Forest!
Children awaken their senses as they visit tall trees, soft ferns, mountain creeks, a logging area and our Discovery Tree.
Learn what makes a healthy forest habitat, how forest animals are adapted to their environment and discover the different ways that people use forests. Many children have never been to the forest – so students will enjoy a day that will live with them for a lifetime!
- A visit our Discovery Tree Room to explore the replica trunk of a Mountain Ash Tree and get up close with our taxidermy animals then discover the minibeasts that live in the local forest.
- Awaken all your senses as you discover the magnificence of a protected Cool Temperate Rainforest. You can even taste the fresh clean sweet creek water (optional)
- Look up to the tall tree tops from within the Mountain Ash forest
- Hunt for different plants, clues of forest animals and ‘minibeast’ insects
- Explore a clear felled logging coupe being regenerated
- Visit the Kalatha tree – a living giant that stands testament to the resilience of nature and community spirit. This tree is one of the largest trees in Victoria standing 65 metres tall, 14m in girth and 400 years old.
What to bring: A bus must accompany this program. Bring drinks, snacks, lunch, warm clothes, sunscreen an insect repellent to enjoy your forest adventure! Hats not required as hard hats (supplied) must be worn in the forest! To keep the memories alive, bring a camera to capture this amazing forest adventure.
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Extreme or Catastrophic in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.